Frank Baldwin Involved in Six-Figure Dispute Alleging Unsuitability
Frank Baldwin (CRD #:1415901), a broker and investment advisor registered with UBS Financial Services, is involved in an investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on December 6, 2021. The investor alleges unsuitability and misrepresentation with respect to recommendations to invest in and hold an options overlay strategy. The damage amount requested is $750,000 — the case is still pending.
A broker who recommends a security or investment is subject to ethical standards enforced by regulatory rules.
- FINRA Rule 2111 requires registered financial advisors to have a “reasonable basis” to believe that a recommended transaction or investment strategy suits their client’s needs.
- FINRA Rule 2020 prohibits brokerage firms and stockbrokers from making material misrepresentations or promoting investments with false statements about their potential benefits.
Frank Baldwin’s alleged unethical conduct also violates FINRA Rule 2010, which states that brokers must uphold high standards of commercial honor.
Investors who rely on their brokers for recommendations may be able to recover their losses through FINRA arbitration if their broker recommends an unsuitable investment.
Frank Baldwin Background Information
Frank Baldwin has passed the following exams:
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 3 – National Commodity Futures Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 22 – Direct Participation Programs Representative Examination
- Series 8 – General Securities Sales Supervisor Examination (Options Module & General Module)
- Series 39 – Direct Participation Programs Principal Examination
Frank Baldwin is a registered broker in 32 states. He is also a registered investment adviser in California and Texas.
Besides UBS Financial Services, Frank Baldwin has also worked with the following firms:
- Morgan Stanley & Co., (CRD#:8209)
- Morgan Stanley DW (CRD#:7556)
- Prudential Securities Incorporated (CRD#:7471)
- Smith Barney Shearson (CRD#:7059)
- Shearson Lehman Hutton (CRD#:7506)
- Design Capital Securities (CRD#:8671)
- Sentra Securities Corporation (CRD#:10249)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Frank Baldwin and have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.