Eric Baron Allegedly Executed Unauthorized and Excessive Trades
Eric Baron (CRD #: 2758724), a broker registered with Network 1 Financial Securities, allegedly executed unauthorized trades, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on April 25, 2023. Keep reading to learn more about his alleged conduct as a broker.
On March 3, 2023, an investor alleged that Eric Baron executed unauthorized trades, acted negligently, and engaged in excessive trading to generate commissions and other violations of the suitability rule. The client seeks $156,127 in this pending dispute.
FINRA Rule 3260
FINRA Rule 3260 requires brokers to receive written authorization from their clients before engaging in discretionary trading. Firms must also approve discretionary accounts before this trading can occur.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to recommend securities that adequately fit an investor’s financial goals. Brokers must take into account an investor’s tax status, age, risk tolerance, and other information described in their profile.
Investors who rely on brokers for investment recommendations can pursue FINRA arbitration and potentially recover their losses.
What is broker negligence?
Brokers may act in many negligent ways, including by recommending unsuitable investments, executing an excessive number of trades, or failing to supervise other brokers.
Investors who feel their losses are the result of broker negligence may be able to recover their funds through FINRA arbitration.
On March 26, 2020, Eric Baron incurred a $30,682 tax lien.
Eric Baron has passed the following exams:
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
Eric Baron is a registered broker in 28 states.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Spartan Capital Securities (CRD#:146251)
- SW Financial (CRD#:145012)
- Laidlaw & Company (UK) (CRD#:119037)
- Blackbook Capital (CRD#:123234)
- C.K. Cooper & Company (CRD#:106578)
- Global Arena Capital CORP (CRD#:16871)
- Rockwell Global Capital (CRD#:142485)
- PHD Capital (CRD#:38785)
- New Castle Financial Services (CRD#:102380)
- A&F Financial Securities (CRD#:44791)
- Pointe Capital (CRD#:112097)
- Investors Capital Corporation (CRD#:30613)
- Great Eastern Securities (CRD#:2061)
- Benson York Group (CRD#:40231)
- LH Ross & Company (CRD#:37920)
- J.P. Turner & Company (CRD#:43177)
- Cardinal Capital Management (CRD#:24605)
- Glenn Michael Financial (CRD#:37912)
- First Allied Securities (CRD#:32444)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Eric Baron and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.