Emilio Guajardo Allegedly Recommended Unsuitable Investments
Emilio Guajardo (CRD #: 4871764), a broker registered with Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, is facing an investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on July 12, 2022. This is not the first dispute on his record.
On April 22, 2022, an investor alleged that Emilio Guajardo recommended unsuitable investments. The investor is seeking $188,000 in this pending dispute.
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to tailor their investment recommendations to suit investors’ profiles. Brokers must examine the information provided in an investor’s profile, including:
- Financial goals
- Risk tolerance
- Time horizon (i.e., how long the investor intends to hold the investment)
- Investing experience
- Tax status
Investors who rely on brokers for recommendations may be able to recoup their losses by seeking out FINRA arbitration.
On September 2, 2020, an investor alleged that Emilio Guajardo had failed to consider his primary concern, which was preservation of his principal investment. This type of misconduct also falls under the Suitability rule. The investor is seeking $267,979.69 in this pending dispute.
Emilio Guajardo has a pending bankruptcy on his record as of February 2, 2018.
Emilio Guajardo has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 6 Investment Company Products / Variable Contracts Representative Examination
He is a registered broker in California, Texas, and Illinois and a registered investment adviser in Texas.
Emilio Guajardo has worked with the following firms:
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith (CRD #: 7691)
- BB&T Securities (CRD #: 142785)
- BB&T Investment Services (CRD #: 33856)
- Wells Fargo Advisors (CRD #: 19616)
- BBVA Wealth Solutions (CRD #: 110476)
- BBVA Compass Investment Solutions (CRD #: 17086)
- Chase Investment Services (CRD #: 25574)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked Emilio Guajardo with and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.