Investor Alleges Elisabeth Andreason Purchased Unsuitable Investments
Elisabeth Andreason (CRD #: 4540825), a broker registered with Morgan Stanley, is involved in a pending dispute, according to her BrokerCheck record, accessed on July 23, 2022. If you have questions about Elisabeth Andreason’s conduct as a broker, keep reading.
On June 16, 2022, an investor alleged that Elisabeth Andreason purchased unsuitable investments in her account in 2021. This dispute is currently pending.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to evaluate whether an investment fits their investor’s financial goals. Brokers must consider their client’s age, tax status, and other information contained in the investor’s profile.
- Investments may be unsuitable because they are high-risk, and the investor is likely to lose money.
- Illiquid investments may also be unsuitable because they are meant to be held long-term, and they may conflict with an investor’s goals. Illiquid investments also tend to rack up high fees for investors who try to sell them too early.
- Trades must be quantitatively suitable, meaning that the overall number of trades executed is appropriate for the investors. Excessive trading generates fees and commissions that can severely cut into investors’ returns.
- Suitability also applies to investment strategies. Overconcentration in a particular sector or stock is frequently an unsuitable strategy due to the level of risk involved.
Investors who rely on their broker for recommendations may be able to recover their losses through FINRA arbitration.
Elisabeth Andreason has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 31 – Futures Managed Funds Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
Elisabeth Andreason is a registered broker in 31 states and a registered investment adviser in California and Texas.
She has also worked for the following firms:
- Morgan Stanley & Company (CRD#:8209)
- Morgan Stanley (CRD#:7556)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Elisabeth Andreason and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.