Edward Marion Fired by LPL Following Allegations of Outside Business
Edward Marion (CRD #: 5562377), a broker registered with Private Client Services, has been fired by LPL Financial. This disclosure appears on his BrokerCheck record as of February 7, 2022. Keep reading if you have any concerns regarding Edward Marion and his record as a broker or any of his outside businesses.
On December 8, 2021, LPL Financial fired Edward Marion following allegations that he did not disclose an outside business activity to his firm. The allegations do not state the outside business.
Why Do Brokers Need to Disclose Outside Businesses?
FINRA Rule 3270 prohibits the outside business activities of registered brokers unless they have approval from their firm.
Firms must consider whether the outside activity will:
- Interfere with or compromise the broker’s responsibilities to the brokerage firm.
- Be viewed by customers as part of the member firm’s business. Brokerage firms do not want customers to believe brokers are offering securities they have approved when that may not be the case.
Edward Marion Outside Business
Edward Marion’s detailed BrokerCheck record lists the following outside business activity:
- President of Marion Investment Advisors, LLC. As President of Marion Investment Advisors, Edward Marion engages in securities and insurance business.
If you have any concerns regarding Edward Marion’s outside businesses, contact Kurta Law for a free case evaluation today.
Edward Marion has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Series 66 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
Edward Marion has registered as a broker in North Carolina and South Carolina. He is also a registered investment adviser in South Carolina.
Besides Private Client Services (CRD #: 120222), he has worked with the following firms:
- LPL Financial (CRD #: 6413)
- ProEquities (CRD #: 15708)
- UVest Financial Services (CRD #: 13787)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Edward Marion and have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who have lost money following broker fraud or misconduct. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf. Our attorneys will work tirelessly to restore your lost funds and get your financial future back on track.