Donna Hines Allegedly Failed to Testify in FINRA Investigation
Donna Hines (CRD #: 4275524), a broker formerly registered with Cetera Advisors, has been barred by FINRA, according to her BrokerCheck record, accessed on January 21, 2022. If you have concerns about Donna Hines’s conduct as a broker, keep reading.
According to an Acceptance, Waiver, and Consent agreement dated November 8, 2021, Donna Hines consented to the findings that she refused to appear for on-the-record testimony in connection with FINRA’s investigation into whether she facilitated a customer’s bitcoin investment for compensation. Although Donna Hines initially cooperated with FINRA’s investigation, the findings stated that she eventually ceased doing so.
A violation of FINRA Rule 8210 is also a violation of FINRA Rule 2010, which requires member firms and their associated persons to “observe high standards of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade.”
You can read a copy of the AWC here.
As part of the terms of the AWC, Donna Hines consented to a bar from associating with any FINRA member in all capacities.
Prior Investor Disputes
Between 2015 and 2021, Donna Hines has been involved in five investor disputes.
According to allegations filed on February, 10, 2021, Donna Hines engaged in constructive fraud/common law fraud, made misrepresentations, engaged in negligence, and breached her fiduciary duties related to a client’s purported investment in Bitcoin.
- On June 12, 2018, an investor dispute was filed against Donna Hines, alleging unsuitable investment recommendations along with negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, misrepresentations, and constructive/common law fraud. The case settled for $137,500.
- Between 2015 and 2018, Donna Hines was involved in three investor disputes, each alleging misrepresentation, omissions, negligence, and breach of contract related to the receipt of various alternative products from inherited assets. All cases were collectively settled for $300,000.
On January 7, 2019, Donna Hines discharged a bankruptcy.
Donna Hines has passed the following exams:
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
Donna Hines has also worked with the following firms:
- Investment Planners (CRD#:18557)
- Sammons Securities Company (CRD#:115368)
- Edward Jones (CRD#:250)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have been victimized after working with Donna Hines, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.