Dean Cook Allegedly Executed Unauthorized Trades
Dean Cook (CRD #: 1720575), a broker registered with McNally Financial Services Corporation, has been fired by LPL Financial. This is according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on March 8, 2022. Details of the termination are provided below.
On November 1, 2021, LPL Financial fired Dean Cook following allegations that he used discretion in transactions without written authorization. “Discretion” means that the broker executed trades without express authorization from the investor.
FINRA Rule 3260 states that brokers “shall not exercise discretionary power in a customer’s account unless such customer has given prior written authorization.” Once an investor has given written authorization, the firm must also accept the account for discretionary trading.
Dean Cook has passed the following exams:
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 Investment Company Products/ Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 24 General Securities Principal Examination
- Series 26 Investment Company Products/ Variable Contracts Principal Examination
He is a registered broker in Texas and Washington.
Aside from McNally Financial Services (CRD #: 121196), Dean Cook has worked with the following firms:
- LPL Financial (CRD #: 6413)
- Main Street Management Company (CRD #: 547)
- First Investors Corporation (CRD #: 305)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Dean Cook and have concerns about your investments, don't hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who have lost money following broker fraud or misconduct. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf. Our attorneys will work tirelessly to restore your lost funds and get your financial future back on track.