David Sherrill Subject of Two Suitability Disputes
David Sherrill (CRD #: 1261298), a broker registered with Morgan Stanley, is involved in two pending investor disputes, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on April 20, 2023. Keep reading to learn more about his alleged conduct as a broker.
Two pending disputes, filed on March 16 and March 30, 2023, allege that David Sherrill violated the suitability rule with regard to managed accounts from 2019-2022. These clients seek a total of $100,000 in damages.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to take into account investors’ financial goals when recommending investments. Brokers must examine the investor’s profile, which describes their tax status, age, and risk tolerance.
Investors who rely on brokers for recommendations may be able to recover their losses through FINRA arbitration.
David Sherrill has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 15 – Foreign Currency Options Examination
- Series 3 – National Commodity Futures Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 9 – General Securities Sales Supervisor – Options Module Examination
- Series 10 – General Securities Sales Supervisor – General Module Examination
David Sherrill is a registered broker in 37 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. He is also a registered investment adviser in Florida, New York, and Texas.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Morgan Stanley & Company (CRD#:8209)
- Wachovia Securities (CRD#:19616)
- Prudential Securities (CRD#:7471)
- Salomon Smith Barney (CRD#:7059)
- Lehman Brothers (CRD#:7506)
- Smith Barney, Harris Upham & Company (CRD#:7059)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with David Sherrill and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.