David Fenning Involved in Allegations of Unsuitable Investments
David Fenning (CRD #: 1005307), a broker registered with Morgan Stanley in New York City, is involved in an investor dispute that alleges he recommended unsuitable investments, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on July 9, 2021.
On May 5, 2020, an investor alleged that David Fenning recommended unsuitable investments. FINRA requires that brokers only recommend suitable investments – that is, investments that take into account the investor’s financial goals, age, and risk tolerance. The investor is seeking $173,000; the dispute is pending.
There are four settled disputes on David Fenning’s record that allege unsuitable investment recommendations. These were collectively resolved for $369,000.
David Fenning Background Information
David Fenning has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 52 Municipal Securities Representative Examination
He is a registered broker in 43 states as well as Washington D.C., the Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. Fenning is also a registered investment adviser in New Jersey and Texas.
Fenning has worked for the following firms:
- UBS Financial Services (CRD #: 8174)
- Credit Suisse First Boston (CRD #: 816)
- Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette Securities (CRD # : 7560)
- Painewebber Incorporated (CRD # : 8174)
- Kidder, Peabody & Co. (CRD # : 7613)
- Smith Barney Shearson (CRD # : 7059)
- Lehman Brothers (CRD # : 7506)
- Drexel Burnham Lambert Incorporated (CRD #: 7323)
- Bevill, Bresler & Schulman (CRD #: 6971)
- Hanauer, Stern, & Company (CRD #: 7077)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with David Fenning and you have concerns about unsuitable investments, contact Kurta Law today. Call 212-658-1502 or email email@example.com.