Darrin Cohen Involved in Two Pending Unsuitability Disputes
Darrin Cohen (CRD #:2488435), a broker registered with Triad Advisors, is involved in two unsuitability disputes, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on March 5, 2022. He is also an investment advisor registered with Red Triangle and Wealth Enhancement & Preservation.
On November 9, 2021, Darrin Cohen was involved in an investor dispute alleging unsuitable investment recommendation, failure to conduct due diligence, misrepresentation or omission of material information, and breach of contract with regard to the sale of an alternative investment. The investor is seeking $50,000.
There is a similar dispute from just one year earlier. On March 20, 2020, Darrin Cohen was named in an investor dispute alleging unsuitable investment recommendations. The investor is seeking $400,000.
FINRA Rules 2111 and 2020
Brokers who recommend securities are subject to FINRA rules and regulations.
- FINRA Rule 2111 requires registered brokers to have a "reasonable basis" to believe that a recommended transaction or investment strategy suits their client's needs.
- FINRA Rule 2020 prohibits brokerage firms and stockbrokers from making material misrepresentations or persuading individuals to buy investments with false statements about their potential benefits.
- Darrin Cohen's alleged unethical conduct also violates FINRA Rule 2010, which states that brokers must uphold high standards of commercial honor.
Darrin Cohen has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 - Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 - Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE - Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 - General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 24 - General Securities Principal Examination
Darrin Cohen is a registered broker in 22 states. He is also a registered investment advisor in Texas, South Carolina, and Georgia.
Darrin Cohen has also worked with the following firms:
- Resource Horizons Investment Advisory (CRD#:143384)
- Kovack Securities (CRD#:44848)
- Resource Horizons Group (CRD#:104368)
- OneAmerica Securities (CRD#:4173)
- Mony Securities Corporation (CRD#:4386)
- Waddell & Reed (CRD#:866)
- The Advisors Group (CRD#:14035)
- Prudential Securities Incorporated (CRD#:7471)
- Edward D. Jones & Co. (CRD#:250)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Darrin Cohen and have concerns about your investments, don't hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.