Dario Suarez Racks up 85th Investor Dispute
Dario Suarez: (CRD #:1143417), a registered broker and investment advisor with UBS Financial Services, is involved in his 85th investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on February 23, 2022. Keep reading for more details.
Puerto Rico Securities
Puerto Rico’s financial woes have been well-documented. The U.S. territory has a national debt of $74 billion, and because it is not a U.S. state, Puerto Rico cannot file bankruptcy. Investors should be aware that there are significant risks associated with investing in any financial products based in Puerto Rico.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 defines suitable investments as securities that fit an investor’s profile. An investor’s profile includes information about their risk tolerance, financial goals, and age. Investors who rely on their brokers for recommendations may be able to recover their losses through FINRA arbitration.
- Investments can be unsuitable because they are high risk and likely to lose money.
- Securities may also be unsuitable because they are illiquid, meaning they are intended to be held for an extended time, and investors may have to pay high fees to cash out.
- Securities can be quantitatively unsuitable, which means that brokers executed an excessive number of trades.
- These requirements apply to the overall investment strategy as well as the investments themselves. For instance, an investment strategy might be unsuitable if the securities are over-concentrated in a particular stock or sector.
Between 2014 and 2020, Dario Suarez was involved in 82 investor disputes, each alleging that he recommended Puerto Rico-based investments, closed-end funds, and municipal bonds. Most investors alleged that these funds were unsuitable, over-concentrated and that Dario Suarez misrepresented the risks of Puerto Rico-based investments.
There are twelve pending disputes on his record. Investors are seeking to recover approximately $5,395,677.40.
Sixty-nine disputes have been settled. The collective settlement amount is approximately $15,732,520.73.
Dario Suarez has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 8 – General Securities Sales Supervisor Examination (Options Module & General Module)
Dario Suarez is a registered broker in 15 states. He is also an investment advisor in Puerto Rico and Florida.
Besides UBS Financial Services, Dario Suarez has also worked with:
- UBS Financial Services Incorporated of Puerto Rico (CRD#:13042)
- Citigroup Global Markets (CRD#:7059)
- Lehman Brothers (CRD#:7506)
- Dean Witter Reynolds (CRD#:7556)
- Drexel Burnham Lambert Incorporated (CRD#:7323)
- Becker Paribas Incorporated (CRD#:7635)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you suffered losses after working with Dario Suarez, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.