Craig Thistlethwaite Involved in a Dispute Alleging a Breach of Fiduciary Duties
Craig Thistlethwaite (CRD #: 2507050), a registered broker and investment advisor with Morgan Stanley, is involved in an investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on October 31, 2021. Keep reading for more details regarding the allegations.
On August 18, 2021, an investor alleged that Craig Thistlethwaite breached his fiduciary duty regarding a stock option trading strategy between 2010 and 2015. A fiduciary duty requires an investment adviser to act in the best interest of the person they owe the duty to — the investor. This duty encompasses the duty of care, the duty of loyalty, and the duty of good faith and fair dealing.
Craig Thistlethwaite’s alleged conduct is unethical and violates FINRA Rule 2010, which states the brokers must uphold the highest standards of commercial honor. An advisor’s breach of fiduciary duty generally entitles you to damages up to the amount you lost because of the breach.
Craig Thistlethwaite Background Information
Craig Thistlethwaite has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 31 – Futures Managed Funds Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 10 – General Securities Sales Supervisor – General Module Examination
- Series 9 – General Securities Sales Supervisor – Options Module Examination
Craig Thistlethwaite is a registered broker in 29 states. He is a registered investment adviser in Ohio and Texas.
Besides Morgan Stanley, Craig Thistlethwaite has worked with the following firms:
- Citigroup Global Markets (CRD#:7059)
- Mcdonald Investments (CRD#:566)
- Dean Witter Reynolds (CRD#:7556)
- Ids Life Insurance Company (CRD#:6321)
- American Express Financial Advisors (CRD#:6363)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Craig Thistlethwaite and have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf. Please contact us today if you would like us to evaluate your potential case.