Chuck Cox Facing Six-Figure Suitability Dispute
Chuck Cox (CRD #: 2283909), a broker registered with Raymond James Financial Services, is involved in a six-figure investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on February 16, 2022.
On December 11, 2021, an investor alleged that Chuck Cox did not work in his best interest, resulting in his portfolio’s poor performance. The investor is seeking $800,000; the dispute is pending.
Brokers are required to ensure the investments they recommend suit their investor’s needs, as required by FINRA Rule 2111.
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to evaluate whether an investment fits their investor’s financial goals. Brokers must examine the investor’s profile, which contains information about the following investor characteristics:
- Financial goals
- Risk tolerance
- Time horizon (i.e., how long the investor plans to hold the investment)
- Investing experience
Your broker should understand your financial goals and adapt their investment strategy if your financial needs change. Brokers are also required to perform their due diligence to evaluate an investment and understand its potential for losses. If you believe your broker recommended unsuitable investments, you should contact a securities lawyer.
Chuck Cox has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 Investment Company Products / Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 51 Municipal Fund Securities Principal Examination
- Series 24 General Securities Principal Examination
He is a registered broker in 14 states is a registered investment adviser in Arizona, Texas, and Washington.
Chuck Cox has worked with the following firms:
- BrokersXpress (CRD #: 127081)
- Raymond James Financial Services Advisors (CRD #: 149018)
- Raymond James Financial Services (CRD #: 6694)
- Linsco/ Private Ledger Corp. (CRD #: 6413)
- Marketing One Securities (CRD #: 16611)
- Aegon USA Securities (CRD #: 13302)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Chuck Cox and have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who have lost money following broker fraud or misconduct. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf. Our attorneys will work tirelessly to restore your lost funds and get your financial future back on track.