Investors Seek $1.7 Million in Suitability Disputes with Chris Kazan
Chris Kazan (CRD #: 2966876), a broker registered with National Securities Corporation, allegedly recommended unsuitable investments, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on June 25, 2022. Keep reading if you have questions about Chris Kazan’s conduct as a broker.
Allegations of Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
Chris Kazan has been named in two pending disputes regarding unsuitable investments:
- On May 11, 2022, an investor alleged Chris Kazan made unsuitable investment recommendations. The client seeks $200,000 in damages.
- On April 18, 2022, an investor alleged Chris Kazan recommended unsuitable investments and failed to disclose his commissions. They seek $1,500,000 in damages.
In a settled dispute filed on August 24, 2015, another investor alleged that Chris Kazan recommended unsuitable securities between October 2012 and August 2015. The client sought $200,000 in damages and received an $85,000 settlement.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to evaluate whether an investment fits their investor’s financial goals. Brokers must evaluate their client’s profile, which includes information about their risk tolerance, financial goals, and age.
Investors who rely on brokers for investment recommendations can potentially recoup their losses by seeking out FINRA arbitration.
Discharge from Maxim Group
On September 24, 2015, Chris Kazan was fired from Maxim Group following client allegations involving unsuitable transactions.
Chris Kazan has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
He is a registered broker in 14 states and the District of Columbia.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Maxim Group (CRD#:120708)
- Investec Ernst & Company (CRD#:266)
- Ladenburg, Thalmann & Company (CRD#:505)
- Prime Charter (CRD#:25668)
- Sands Brothers & Company (CRD#:26816)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Chris Kazan and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.