Ching-Yun Fang Allegedly Misrepresented Investments
Ching-Yun Fang (CRD #: 1843163), a broker formerly registered with Cetera Investment Services, was recently involved in an investor dispute, according to her BrokerCheck record, accessed on April 28, 2023. If you want to know more about her alleged conduct as a broker, keep reading.
On March 1, 2023, an investor filed a dispute alleging that Ching-Yun Fang misrepresented certain investments. This dispute was denied by the firm.
Investors should know, however, that firms can deny disputes without an outside review. Investors may be able to recover their funds by seeking out FINRA arbitration following a denial.
Two disputes, filed on May 5 and September 8, 2021, alleged that Ching-Yun Fang made unsuitable investment recommendations. These disputes were settled for a total of $1.08 million.
On December 18, 2019, an investor alleged that Ching-Yun Fang misrepresented the features of an investment product. The client sought $2.3 million in damages and received a settlement of $637,500.
FINRA Rule 2020
FINRA Rule 2020 prohibits the use of manipulative, deceptive, or otherwise fraudulent tactics to influence the purchase and sale of securities. Misrepresenting an investment’s risks, requirements, or other relevant information violates this rule.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to evaluate whether an investment fits their investor’s financial goals. Brokers must use the information in an investor’s profile, such as their age, risk tolerance, and tax status when making recommendations.
Investors who rely on brokers for investment recommendations can pursue FINRA arbitration and potentially recover their losses.
Ching-Yun Fang has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 3 – National Commodity Futures Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
She has also worked for the following firms:
- Cetera Investment Services (CRD#:15340)
- Bancwest Investment Services (CRD#:29357)
- HSBC Securities (USA) (CRD#:19585)
- ETech Securities (CRD#:104195)
- Unionbanc Investment Services (CRD#:14455)
- Wells Fargo Investments (CRD#:10582)
- Banc of America Investment Services (CRD#:16361)
- BA Investment Services (CRD#:12965)
- Essex National Securities (CRD#:25454)
- First Interstate Investments (CRD#:17101)
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith (CRD#:7691)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Ching-Yun Fang and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.