Chance Carson Racks Up Five Investor Disputes in 2022
Chance Carson (CRD #: 41892), a broker registered with Intervest International Equities Corporation, has new investor disputes on his BrokerCheck record, accessed on December 30, 2022. If you have concerns about his conduct as a broker, you should keep reading about this latest regulatory disclosure.
On August 29, 2022, an investor alleged that Chance Carson violated federal securities laws, engaged in negligence, and misrepresented investments. The investor is seeking $226,000.
On June 28, 2022, investors alleged Chance Carson engaged in negligence and breach of contract. The investor is seeking $6.1 million.
There are three other investor disputes from 2022, each seeking six figures in damages.
On June 14, 2021, Chance Carson became the subject of an SEC cease-and-desist order. Carson allegedly recommended UITs that came with transactional sales charges. This was allegedly an unsuitable recommendation since the investor was eligible for UITs with no sales charges. Carson also allegedly recommended Class A shares with front-end fees, even though he the investor could have purchased fee-waived Class A shares.
As a result of these recommendations, the investor allegedly paid approximately $378,295.36 in avoidable costs. That money went toward Intervest International Equities Corporation, which allegedly paid 70% of that amount to Chance Carson in commissions. They allegedly did not disclose that conflict of interest to his investor. The SEC fined Carson $50,000 and ordered him to return the $264,806.75 in commissions to his investor.
Chance Carson Background Information
Chance Carson has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 41 – NYSE Allied Member Examination
- PC AMEX Put and Call Exam
- Series 1 Registered Representative Examination
- Series 40 Registered Principal Examination
He is a registered broker in seven states and is a registered investment adviser in Arizona and Colorado.
Chance Carson has worked with the following firms:
- Intervest International (CRD #: 111516)
- Invervest International Equities (CRD #: 20289)
- McDonald Investment (CRD #: 566)
- First Union Securities (CRD #: 19616)
- Boettcher & Company (CRD #: 101)
- Anchor National Financial Services (CRD #: 5774)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Chance Carson and you have concerns about your investments, contact Kurta Law today. Call 877-600-0098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.