Investors Allege Carlos Cortez Recommended Fraudulent Cryptocurrency Funds
Carlos Cortez (CRD #: 5378014), a broker formerly registered with World Equity Group, allegedly recommended fraudulent investments, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on November 7, 2022. Read on to learn more about his conduct as a broker.
Six pending disputes allege that Carlos Cortez recommended investments in a fraudulent cryptocurrency fund. Investors seek a total of $155,500 in damages.
Sixteen disputes filed from 2021-2022 also alleged that Carlos Cortez recommended investments in a fraudulent cryptocurrency fund. These disputes were settled for approximately $676,000.
A dispute filed on June 24, 2021, alleged that Carlos Cortez recommended a fraudulent investment in a cryptocurrency platform. This dispute was settled for $147,500.
Carlos Cortez has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
In the past, he worked for the following firms:
- World Equity Group (CRD#:29087)
- Taylor Capital Management (CRD#:43559)
- Resource Horizons Group (CRD#:104368)
- Calton & Associates (CRD#:20999)
- JHS Capital Advisors (CRD#:112097)
- Ameriprise Financial Services (CRD#:6363)
- Ameriprise Advisor Services (CRD#:5979)
- Garden State Securities (CRD#:10083)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Carlos Cortez and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.