Brittani Cooper Allegedly Made Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
Brittani Cooper (CRD #: 6327801), a broker registered with Arete Wealth Management, allegedly recommended unsuitable investments, according to her BrokerCheck record, accessed on February 9, 2023. If you have questions about her alleged conduct as a broker, read on.
On August 4, 2022, an investor alleged that Brittani Cooper gave unsuitable investment recommendations in March 2021. The client seeks $150,000 in damages in this pending dispute.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to take investors’ profiles into account when recommending investments. An investor’s profile contains information about their age, financial goals, and tax status.
Common violations of this rule include:
- Recommendations of high-risk or illiquid investments. Illiquid investments, in particular, can incur high fees for investors who try to sell them in the short term.
- Executing an excessive number of trades. Excessive trading can quickly generate high fees and commissions that cut into the client’s returns.
- Recommendations of unsuitable Investment strategies. For instance, overconcentration in a single stock or sector can expose an investor to an unsuitable amount of risk.
Investors who rely on brokers for recommendations may be able to recover their losses by pursuing FINRA arbitration.
Brittani Cooper has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Series 6TO – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
Brittani Cooper is a registered broker in six states and a registered investment adviser in Florida and Missouri.
She previously worked for Edward Jones (CRD#:250).
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Brittani Cooper and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.