Berkley Badger Suspended for Allegedly Failing To Comply With An Award
Berkley Badger (CRD #: 713972), a broker formerly registered with Ameriprise Financial Services, has been suspended by FINRA for allegedly failing to comply with an arbitration award, according to his BrokerCheck Record accessed on February 2, 2022. Keep reading for more details regarding his suspension.
FINRA Suspension Details
According to a complaint raised by FINRA on October 18, 2021, Berkley Badger allegedly failed to comply with an arbitration award or settlement agreement or to satisfactorily respond to a FINRA request to provide information concerning the status of the arbitration’s compliance.
Due to his actions, Berkley Badger violated Article VI, Section 3 of FINRA By-Laws, and possibly FINRA Rule 9554, which requires brokers to comply with an arbitration award. He was suspended indefinitely from October 18, 2021. The suspension will continue until Berkley Badger makes the required payment.
According to the allegations filed on August 24, 2020, Berkley Badger sold to the claimants unsuitable and high-risk investments, failed to conduct reasonable due diligence on those investments, and misrepresented the investments as conservative, low-risk and safe. The Award found him liable for $126,734.70 plus interest, in addition to other costs.
You can access the full arbitration details here.
Berkley Badger has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 27 – Financial and Operations Principal Examination
- Series 53 – Municipal Securities Principal Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
- Series 4 – Registered Options Principal Examination
Besides Ameriprise Financial Services, Berkley Badger has also worked with the following firms:
- Invest Financial Corporation (CRD#:12984)
- EDI Financial (CRD#:15699)
- Preferred Securities Group (CRD#:35704)
- Investors Choice Securities (CRD#:17440)
- Dreher & Associates (CRD#:8665)
- Earl W. Shomber & Co. (CRD#:13111)
- Allied Securities Corporation (CRD#:7869)
- Commission Discount Corp. (CRD#:7245)
- Securities Discount Corporation (CRD#:7732)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have been victimized by Berkley Badger, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.