Antwan Cork Facing Investor Allegations of Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
Antwan Cork (CRD #:6127270), a registered broker and investment advisor with Ameriprise Financial Services, is involved in an investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on October 27, 2021.
Keep reading for more details regarding the allegations.
Investor Dispute Allegations
On August 9, 2021, an investor alleged that Antwan Cork failed to provide sufficient financial advice regarding an investment. The disclosure does not specify the nature of the allegedly inadequate advice, but brokers are required to have a reasonable basis for recommending an investment according to FINRA Rule 2111.
The dispute is still pending.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 defines suitable investments as securities that fit an investor’s profile. An investor’s profile includes information about their risk tolerance, financial goals, and age. Investors who rely on their brokers for recommendations may be able to recover their losses through FINRA arbitration.
- Investments can be unsuitable because they are high risk and likely to lose money.
- Securities may also be unsuitable because they are illiquid, meaning that they are intended to be held for an extended time, and investors may have to pay high fees to cash out.
- Securities can be quantitatively unsuitable, which means that brokers executed an excessive number of trades.
- These requirements apply to the overall investment strategy as well as the investments themselves. For instance, an investment strategy might be unsuitable if the securities are over-concentrated in a particular stock or sector.
Antwan Cork Background Information
Antwan Cork has passed the following exams:
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
Antwan Cork is a registered broker in 50 states and Washington D.C. He is a registered investment adviser in Minnesota and Texas.
Besides Ameriprise Financial Services, Antwan Cork has not worked with any other firm.
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Antwan Cork and you have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.