Anthony Caputo Allegedly Recommended Unsuitable Investments, Misrepresented Information
Anthony Caputo (CRD #: 5105611), a broker registered with Calton & Associates, is involved in an ongoing dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on May 22, 2022. Keep reading if you have questions about Anthony Caputo’s conduct as a broker.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to evaluate whether an investment fits their investor’s financial goals. Brokers must examine the investor’s profile, which contains the following investor characteristics:
- Financial goals
- Risk tolerance
- Time horizon (i.e., how long the investor plans to hold the investment)
- Investing experience
- Tax status
Investors who have lost money through unsuitable investment recommendations can attempt to recover their losses through FINRA arbitration.
FINRA Rule 2020
FINRA Rule 2020 bans the use of deceptive, manipulative, and otherwise fraudulent means of influencing the purchase and sale of securities. This includes the misrepresentation or omission of information, such as the risks, returns, or requirements associated with an investment.
Anthony Caputo has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
Anthony Caputo is a registered broker in 33 states and a registered investment adviser in New Jersey.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Calton & Associates (CRD#:20999)
- Newbridge Financial Services Group (CRD#:130814)
- Newbridge Securities (CRD#:104065)
- Garden State Investment Advisory Services (CRD#:133088)
- Garden State Securities (CRD#:10083)
- Banc of America Investment Services (CRD#:16361)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Anthony Caputo and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.