Andrew Raskin Faces New Dispute Regarding Unsuitable Advice
Andrew Raskin (CRD #: 4701782), a broker registered with Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner, & Smith, has racked up a fourth investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on July 26, 2021. Investors who have questions about Raskin should keep reading.
On June 7, 2021, an investor alleged that Andrew Raskin gave unsuitable advice regarding a loan management account.
Settled and Denied Investor Disputes
There are three older disputes on Raskin’s record.
On October 19, 2011, an investor alleged that Andrew Raskin misrepresented a variable annuity. The firm denied the dispute. Investors should note that firms can deny disputes without any kind of FINRA review, and investors can still recover their losses following a denial.
On June 7, 2011, an investor alleged that Andrew Raskin misrepresented a structured product as a safe investment with no risk. Structured Investment Products (SIPs) attempt to make money off of an underlying portfolio of potentially risky securities. They do not trade on a public exchange and come with significant risk for losses. The dispute settled for $62,249.30.
On April 17, 2008, an investor alleged that Andrew Raskin recommended an unsuitable auction rate security. Since 2007, auctions for these types of securities have largely failed. The dispute settled for $400,000.
Andrew Raskin Background Information
Raskin has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
He is a registered broker in 28 states and a registered investment adviser in Florida and Texas.
Raskin has worked with the following firms:
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated (CRD #: 7691)
- AXA Advisors (CRD #: 6627)
- Wells Fargo Advisors (CRD #: 19616)
- Chase Investment Services (CRD #: 25574)
- Newbridge Financial Services Group (CRD #: 130814)
- Newbridge Securities Corporation (CRD #: 104065)
- UBS Financial Services (CRD #: 8174)
- Ameriprise Financial Services (CRD #: 6363)
- IDS Life Insurance Company (CRD #: 6321)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Andrew Raskin and you have concerns about your investments, contact Kurta Law today. Call 212-658-1502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.