SEC Proposes Action Against Alex Shtaynberger
Alex Shtaynberger (CRD #: 2077298), a broker registered with Laidlaw & Company (UK), has been investigated by the SEC, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on March 9, 2023. Investors may have also engaged his services through Laidlaw Wealth Management. If you have questions about his alleged conduct as a broker, keep reading.
On December 14, 2022, the Securities and Exchange Commission proposed an action against Alex Shtaynberger alleging violations of Section 15(b)(4) and (6) of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934.
The Securities Exchange Act of 1934
Section 15(b)(4) of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934 states that the SEC can revoke the registration of brokers (as well as implement other sanctions) that have committed certain prohibited actions, such as making misleading or false statements on their application for registration or willfully violating securities regulations.
Section 15(b)(6) allows the SEC to censure, suspend, bar, or otherwise sanction brokers if they are found to have committed any of the acts prohibited by Section 15(b)(4). This section specifically allows the SEC to suspend or bar brokers from associating with investment advisory firms, municipal securities dealers, and other organizations, as well as from participating in penny stock offerings.
Alex Shtaynberger has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Series 99TO – Operations Professional Examination
- Series 79TO – Investment Banking Registered Representative Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 55 – Limited Representative-Equity Trader Exam
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 10 – General Securities Sales Supervisor – General Module Examination
- Series 9 – General Securities Sales Supervisor – Options Module Examination
- Series 53 – Municipal Securities Principal Examination
- Series 4 – Registered Options Principal Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
- Series 8 – General Securities Sales Supervisor Examination (Options Module & General Module)
Alex Shtaynberger is a registered broker in 49 states as well as the District of Columbia Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. He is also a registered investment adviser in New Jersey and New York.
He has also worked for Sands Brothers & Company (CRD#:26816) and CIBC Oppenheimer Corporation (CRD#:630).
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Alex Shtaynberger and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.