Vladimir Greben Allegedly Recommended Unsuitable Investments
Vladimir Greben (CRD #: 2547477), a broker registered with LPL Financial, is facing two investor disputes that allege six-figure losses. This is according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on June 23, 2022.
On April 8, 2022, investors alleged that Vladimir Greben over-concentrated their savings in alternative investments. He also allegedly misrepresented investments. The investor is seeking $100,000 in this pending dispute.
On March 1, 2022, an investor alleged that Vladimir Greben recommended two risky, alternative investments which were unsuitable for her investment objectives and risk tolerance. The investor is seeking to recover $100,001; this dispute is pending.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 defines suitable investments as securities that fit an investor’s profile. Investors’ profiles include information concerning their financial goals, other investments, and personal information like their age.
Some common violations of this rule include:
- Recommendations of high-risk investments, which are more likely to lose money. Alternative investments are always high risk.
- Recommendations of illiquid securities that, since they are meant to be held long-term, can incur high fees for investors who attempt to cash out early.
- A broker executing an excessive number of trades violates the requirement for quantitative suitability.
FINRA Rule 2020: Misrepresentation and Omissions
FINRA Rule 2020 prohibits brokers from omitting material information about their investment. It also prohibits misrepresentations and any deceptive or manipulative devices.
Vladimir Greben has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 24 General Securities Principal Examination
He is a registered broker in 20 states and D.C. He is also a registered investment adviser in Maryland and Texas.
Vladimir Greben has worked for the following firms:
- LPL Financial (CRD #: 6413)
- JP Turner & Company Capital Management (CRD #: 124446)
- P. Turner & Company (CRD #: 43177)
- Global Capital Securities Corporation (CRD #: 16184)
- Northridge Capital Corporation (CRD #: 16467)
- Zeus Securities (CRD #: 18192)
- Milestone Financial Services (CRD #: 43295)
- Birchtree Financial Services (CRD #: 15014)
- Legg Mason Wood Walker (CRD #: 6555)
- Olde Discount Corporation (CRD #: 5979)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Vladimir Greben and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.