Thomas Hamlin is the Subject of Two Investor Disputes Involving iCap Equities
Thomas Hamlin (CRD #: 2208505), a broker registered with Somerset Securities, is facing two six-figure investor disputes. This disclosure appears on his BrokerCheck record, accessed on November 20, 2023. This is his second investor dispute in two months.
On October 9, 2023, an investor alleged that Thomas Hamlin made an unsuitable recommendation to purchase iCap Equities private placement. iCap Equities went on to file for bankruptcy in September 2023. The investor is seeking $285,000.
On September 21, 2023, another investor alleged losses from iCap Equities. The investor is seeking $355,000.
What is a Private Placement?
Private placements are unregistered securities. These investments are risky because they are not required to disclose as much information to the SEC as securities that register on a public stock exchange. Generally speaking, these types of investments should only be offered to especially wealthy investors who have specified high risk tolerances.
Thomas Hamlin has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 Investment Company Products / Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 14 Compliance Officer Examination
- Series 24 General Securities Principal Examination
He is a registered broker in 48 states and is a registered investment adviser in California and Oregon.
During his 31 years of experience, Thomas Hamlin has registered with seven firms:
- Somerset Securities (CRD #: 2493)
- Somerset Wealth Management (CRD #: 170213)
- Raymond James Financial Services (CRD #: 149018)
- Raymond James Financial Services (CRD #: 6694)
- Prudential Securities Incorporated (CRD #: 7471)
- Spelman & Co. (CRD #: 10232)
- Advantage Capital Corporation (CRD #: 146)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Thomas Hamlin and have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm that exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.