Ted Franse Allegedly Recommended Unsuitable REIT
Ted Franse (CRD #: 1418012), a broker registered with NI Advisors, allegedly gave an unsuitable investment recommendation, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on April 28, 2023. If you have questions about his alleged conduct as a broker, read on.
On March 1, 2023, an investor alleged that Ted Franse made an unsuitable recommendation of a real estate investment trust (REIT). This dispute is currently pending.
A dispute filed on March 12, 2018, similarly alleged the unsuitability of a REIT recommended by Ted Franse and purchased in 2014.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires that brokers tailor their investment recommendations to an investor’s profile, which describes their tax status, age, and other characteristics.
Investors who feel their losses were caused by unsuitable investment recommendations may be able to recover their funds through FINRA arbitration.
What are REITs?
Real estate investment trusts (REITs) allow investors to pool their funds together in a portfolio of real estate and earn returns without managing the properties themselves. However, the lack of liquidity associated with REITs may make them unsuitable for some investors.
Termination from Independent Financial Group
On April 10, 2017, Ted Franse was fired from Independent Financial Group for allegedly violating firm policy relating to the reuse and administration of client documentation.
Ted Franse has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 51 – Municipal Fund Securities Principal Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
- Series 26 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Principal Examination
Ted Franse is a registered broker in nine states and a registered investment adviser in California.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Sandlapper Wealth Management (CRD#:41534)
- Sandlapper Securities (CRD#:137906)
- Independent Financial Group (CRD#:7717)
- First Allied Advisory Services (CRD#:137888)
- First Allied Securities (CRD#:32444)
- AIG Financial Advisors (CRD#:133763)
- SunAmerica Securities (CRD#:20068)
- Pruco Securities (CRD#:5685)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Ted Franse and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.