Investor Alleges Shannon Roehrs Executed Unauthorized Trades
Shannon Roehrs (CRD #: 4359877), a broker registered with Merril Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, allegedly engaged in misconduct, according to her BrokerCheck record, accessed on July 18, 2023. If you have questions about her alleged conduct as a broker, keep reading.
On June 1, 2023, an investor alleged that Shannon Roehrs executed unauthorized trades, recommended unsuitable investments, and engaged in misrepresentation in July 2020. This dispute is currently pending.
FINRA Rule 3260
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to take investors’ profiles into account when recommending investments. These profiles contain information about investors’ tax status, risk tolerance, and other investments.
Investors who rely on brokers for recommendations may be able to recover their losses through FINRA arbitration.
FINRA Rule 2020
The misrepresentation of information related to investments violates FINRA Rule 2020, which bans the use of deception, manipulation, and other fraudulent methods to influence the purchase and sale of securities.
Shannon Roehrs has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 3 – National Commodity Futures Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
- Series 9 – General Securities Sales Supervisor – Options Module Examination
- Series 10 – General Securities Sales Supervisor – General Module Examination
Shannon Roehrs is a registered broker in all 50 states as well as the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. She is also a registered investment adviser in Alaska, California, Idaho, Nevada, New Jersey, Texas, and Washington.
She has also worked for the following firms:
- Banc of America Investment Services (CRD#:16361)
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney (CRD#:149777)
- Morgan Stanley & Company (CRD#:8209)
- Morgan Stanley (CRD#:7556)
- Wachovia Securities (CRD#:19616)
- Quick & Reilly (CRD#:11217)
- UBS PaineWebber (CRD#:8174)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Shannon Roehrs and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.