Investor Seeks $2.12 Million in Dispute with Ryan Meeks
Ryan Meeks (CRD #: 6134757), a broker registered with D.A. Davidson & Company, is involved in an active investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on April 22, 2022. If you have questions about Ryan Meeks’s conduct as a broker, read on.
In a pending dispute filed on January 14, 2022, an investor alleges Ryan Meeks provided incorrect tax advice involving stepping up the basis of securities in an irrevocable trust. The investor seeks $2,120,734.40 in damages.
Incorrect advice could violate multiple FINRA rules:
- FINRA Rule 2020 prohibits brokers from misrepresenting investments, including their tax consequences.
- FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to perform their due diligence before they make recommendations.
- FINRA Rule 2010 requires brokers to uphold high standards of commercial honor.
Ryan Meeks has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
Ryan Meeks is a registered broker in 30 states and a registered investment adviser in Montana.
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Ryan Meeks and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.