Rusty Tweed Faces More Investor Disputes Following SEC Bar
Rusty Tweed (CRD #: 2339324), a broker previously registered with Cabot Lodge Securities, is facing a new investor dispute following his FINRA and SEC bars. This is according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on February 16, 2022. Keep reading if you have questions regarding Rusty Tweed’s conduct as a broker.
Pending Investor Disputes
Investors are collectively seeking over $2.3 million.
On December 13, 2021, an investor alleged that Rusty Tweed recommended unsuitable investments and engaged in fraudulent business practices. The investor is seeking $55,000; the dispute is pending.
On October 9, 2020, an investor alleged Rusty Tweed recommended unsuitable DST and LP investments. The investor is seeking $1,750,000; the dispute is pending.
On May 22, 2019, an investor alleged that Rusty Tweed recommended unsuitable investments. The investor is seeking $500,000; the dispute is pending.
On July 16, 2020, the SEC barred Rusty Tweed from participating in penny stock offers. This followed allegations that he failed to provide audited financial statements to investors and otherwise engaged in conduct that misled investors.
On April 27, 2017, FINRA announced it had barred Rusty Tweed following a complaint that alleged he had obtained $1.6 million from his retail customers through a false and misleading private placement memorandum.
Rusty Tweed consented to the $50,000 fine but has appealed the FINRA bar.
On July 18, 2019, an investor alleged that Rusty Tweed misrepresented investments and recommended unsuitable investments. The investor sought $1,423,796; the dispute settled for $325,000.
Rusty Tweed has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 31 Futures Managed Funds Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 24 General Securities Principal Examination
He has worked with the following firms:
- Cabot Lodge Securities (CRD #: 159712)
- Concorde Investment Services (CRD #: 151604)
- Capwest Securities (CRD #: 30002)
- Mam Securities (CRD #: 124620)
- United Securities Alliance (CRD #: 36487)
- National Planning Corporation (CRD #: 29604)
- Intersecurities (CRD #: 16164)
- Laguna Securities (CRD #: 37547)
- Wealth Resource Capital Corporation (CRD #: 10367)
- Securities America (CRD #: 10205)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Rusty Tweed and have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who have lost money following broker fraud or misconduct. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf. Our attorneys will work tirelessly to restore your lost funds and get your financial future back on track.