Rocco Maselli Involved in a Half-Million Dollar Dispute
Rocco Maselli (CRD #: 2791357), a broker registered with VCS Venture Securities, is the subject of an investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on October 11, 2023. Investors may have also engaged his services through New Age Venture Capital.
On September 14, 2023, an investor alleged that Rocco Masselli violated federal securities laws as well as the New York Consumer Protection Act. They further alleged common law fraud, a breach of the broker’s fiduciary duty, and negligence.
The investor is seeking $500,000.
Many types of broker misconduct may qualify as negligence. Typical examples include unsuitable investment recommendations, misrepresentations or omissions of material fact, and failure to follow instructions.
Investors who believe their losses are the result of broker negligence may be able to recover their funds through FINRA arbitration.
Brokers are often dually registered as Registered Investment Advisers (RIAs) with the SEC. RIAs are fiduciaries, and fiduciaries are required to act in their clients’ best interests. Brokers are not fiduciaries but must abide by FINRA Rule 2111 and Regulation Best Interest. (To learn more about the differences between brokers and Registered Investment Advisers, click here.)
Previous Investor Disputes
Investors should know that there are three previous investor disputes on Rocco Maselli’s record.
Rocco Maselli has passed the following exams:
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
He is a registered broker in 13 states.
During his 27 years of experience, he has registered with 11 firms:
- VCS Venture Securities (CRD #: 127921)
- Joseph Stone Capital (CRD #: 159744)
- Meyers Associates L.P. (CRD #: 34171)
- Morgan Wilshire Securities (CRD #: 44807)
- Gunnallen Financial (CRD #: 17609)
- Benchmark Securities Group (CRD #: 103760)
- First Security Investments (CRD #: 24035)
- Prudential Securities Incorporated (CRD #: 7471)
- Dean Witter Reynolds (CRD #: 7556)
- Continental Broker-Dealer (CRD #: 14048)
- Oppenheimer & Co. (CRD #: 630)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Rocco Maselli and have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm that exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.