Rebecca Ng-Tsang Involved in Fourth Investor Dispute Alleging Misrepresentation
Rebecca Ng-Tsang (CRD #:5578435), a broker formerly registered with Cetera Investment Services, is involved in her fourth investor dispute alleging misrepresentation. This is according to her BrokerCheck record accessed on March 2, 2022.
On November 21, 2021, Rebecca Ng-Tsang was named in an investor dispute alleging misrepresentation. The case has since been denied.
Between 2017 and 2020, Rebecca Ng-Tsang was involved in three investor disputes, each alleging misrepresentation.
What is a Misrepresentation?
Misrepresentation is a common problem in the securities industry. It usually occurs when an investment broker makes false or misleading statements about a financial product in an effort to persuade their customer to invest.
Misrepresentations and omissions deprive investors of the information they need to assess risks associated with a particular investment.
You may pursue a FINRA arbitration claim against a brokerage firm or its broker if:
- The broker intentionally made inaccurate statements or failed to disclose the material facts regarding the investment.
- The broker made unrealistic projections for future gains.
FINRA Rule 2020 prohibits brokerage firms and stockbrokers from making material misrepresentations.
Losses that can be attributed to a stockbroker’s material misrepresentations of facts may result in a viable securities arbitration claim for damages.
Rebecca Ng-Tsang has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
Besides Cetera Investment Services, Rebecca Ng-Tsang has also worked with the following firms:
- LPL Financial (CRD#:6413)
- Uvest Financial Services Group (CRD#:13787)
- Primevest Financial Services (CRD#:15340)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Rebecca Ng-Tsang and have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf. Please reach out if you have any questions about what steps to take next to recover your investment losses.