Investors Allege C. Raymond Weldon’s Strategy Led to Losses
C. Raymond Weldon (CRD #: 1030659), a broker registered with Independent Financial Group, is involved in a pending dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on April 25, 2023. If you have questions about his alleged conduct as a broker, read on.
On March 14, 2023, several investors filed a dispute alleging that C. Raymond Weldon executed an investment strategy that resulted in losses. The clients seek $500,000 in damages in this pending dispute.
In a dispute filed on June 1, 2015, an investor named C. Raymond Weldon and Girard Securities in allegations of negligence, failure to supervise, and unsuitable transactions. The client sought $335,000 and received a settlement of $51,452.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires that brokers tailor their investment recommendations to an investor’s profile, which describes their risk tolerance, tax status, and other characteristics.
Investment strategies must also serve investors’ goals. Overconcentration in a particular sector or stock is often an unsuitable investment strategy, due to the high degree of risk.
Investors who rely on brokers for recommendations may be able to recover their losses by pursuing FINRA arbitration.
FINRA Rule 3110
Failure to supervise violates FINRA Rule 3110, which requires that firms establish supervisory systems to ensure their compliance with securities regulations. This includes appointing supervisors and providing them with Written Supervisory Procedures (WSPs).
What is broker negligence?
Brokers may act in many negligent ways. Common examples include misrepresentations or omissions of fact, unsuitable investment recommendations, and excessive or unauthorized trading.
Investors who feel their losses are the result of broker negligence may be able to recover their funds through FINRA arbitration.
Raymond Weldon has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 2 – Non-Member General Securities Examination
- Series 22 – Direct Participation Programs Representative Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
Raymond Weldon is a registered broker in 12 states and Puerto Rico. He is also a registered investment adviser in Florida and Texas.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Weldon & Company (CRD#:129099)
- The Investment Center (CRD#:17839)
- Cetera Advisor Networks (CRD#:13572)
- Girard Securities (CRD#:18697)
- Main Street Management Company (CRD#:547)
- WS Griffith Securities (CRD#:10410)
- Phoenix Equity Planning Corporation (CRD#:3036)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with C. Raymond Weldon and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.