Raul Moreno Embroiled in Misrepresentation Allegations
Raul Moreno (CRD #:4140096), a broker and investment advisor registered with J.P. Morgan Securities, is involved in his first investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on November 22, 2021.
On October 25, 2021, an investor filed a claim against Raul Moreno, alleging that he failed to fully disclose all the facts regarding the surrender charges, guarantees, and risks of an investment he recommended. The case is still pending.
What is Misrepresentation/ Omission?
Investment brokers are required to provide accurate information on financial products for their clients. Misrepresentation and omission most often occur due to:
- Lack of due diligence or investigating an investment fully before giving a recommendation
- Failing to disclose either the full extent of the costs or risks of an investment
- Giving unrealistic projections for an investment
- Incorrectly calculating the performance of an investment
Misrepresentations and omissions concerning material facts in investment recommendations deprive investors of the information they need to assess risks associated with a particular investment. FINRA Rule 2020 prohibits brokerage firms and stockbrokers from making material misrepresentations or inducing people into buying investments with false statements about their potential benefits. This unethical conduct also violates FINRA Rule 2010, which states that brokers must uphold high standards of commercial honor.
Raul Moreno has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
Raul Moreno is a registered broker in three states. He is also a registered investment advisor in New York.
Other than J.P. Morgan Securities, Raul Moreno has worked with the following firms:
- Prudential Financial Planning Services (CRD#:5685)
- Pruco Securities (CRD#:5685)
- Citigroup Global Markets (CRD#:7059)
- HSBC Securities (USA) (CRD#:19585)
- MML Investors Services (CRD#:10409)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Raul Moreno and have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.