Peter Goffin Allegedly Engaged in Misrepresentation
Peter Goffin (CRD #: 1617710), a previously registered broker with Newbridge Securities Corporation, is embroiled in his fifth investor dispute. This is according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on October 10, 2023. Keep reading for more information.
On September 14, 2023, an investor alleged that Peter Goffin engaged in misrepresentation and negligence. They further alleged he breached his fiduciary duty. The investor is seeking $91,000.
FINRA Rule 2020 forbids the use of deceptive, manipulative, and otherwise fraudulent methods to influence the purchase and sale of securities. The misrepresentation or omission of material facts violates this rule.
Brokers are often dually registered as Registered Investment Advisers (RIAs) with the SEC. RIAs are fiduciaries, and fiduciaries are required to act in their clients’ best interests. Brokers are not fiduciaries but must abide by FINRA Rule 2111 and Regulation Best Interest. (To learn more about the differences between brokers and Registered Investment Advisers, click here.)
Previous Investor Disputes
Four other investor disputes allege Peter Goffin recommended unsuitable investments.
Peter Goffin has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 24 General Securities Principal Examination
During his 36 years in the industry, Peter Goffin has registered with five firms:
- Newbridge Securities Corporation (CRD #: 104065)
- Wachovia Securities Financial Network (CRD #: 11025)
- JW Charles Securities (CRD #: 33832)
- JW Charles Securities (CRD #: 6631)
- Commvest Securities (CRD #: 13500)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Peter Goffin and have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm that exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.