Investor Seeks Over $1.6 Million in Dispute with Peter Cook
Peter Cook (CRD #: 1626293), a broker registered with Vanderbilt Securities, is involved in an investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on November 30, 2022. Investors may have also worked with him through Vanderbilt Advisory Services. If you have questions about his conduct as a broker, keep reading.
On September 30, 2022, a partner involved in a Limited Liability Partnership retirement plan filed a dispute alleging Peter Cook engaged in theft and managed the account poorly by executing high-risk transactions. The client seeks $1,601,533 in this pending dispute.
FINRA Rule 2150
FINRA Rule 2150 prohibits brokers from misappropriating or misusing clients’ funds.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to tailor their investment recommendations to suit investors’ profiles. These profiles describe the following investor characteristics:
- Financial goals
- Risk tolerance
- Time horizon (i.e., how long the investor plans to hold the investment)
- Investing experience
- Tax status
Alternative investments often do not suit their investors’ profiles and are unsuitable.
Peter Cook has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 55 – Limited Representative-Equity Trader Exam
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
- Series 4 – Registered Options Principal Examination
Peter Cook is a registered broker in nine states and a registered investment adviser in Connecticut and Rhode Island.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- J P Turner & Company Capital Management (CRD#:124446)
- J.P. Turner & Company (CRD#:43177)
- Wells Fargo Advisors (CRD#:19616)
- Garden State Securities (CRD#:10083)
- Robert M. Cohen & Company (CRD#:21806)
- The Stuart-James Company (CRD#:11691)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Peter Cook and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.