Paul Brent Allegedly Misrepresented Preferred Stocks
Paul Brent (CRD #: 2470612), a broker registered with Morgan Stanley, is facing a new investor allegation, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on May 12, 2022. Details of the dispute are provided below.
On March 2, 2022, an investor alleged Paul Brent misrepresented purchases of preferred stocks.
Preferred stockholders get paid their interest before stockholders of common stock. Typically, investors who buy preferred shares want income but do not necessarily seek to profit from the long-term growth of the company.
FINRA Rule 2020 prohibits brokers from making misrepresentations or using any deceptive or manipulative practices in the course of securities transactions.
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 31 Futures Managed Funds Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 9 General Securities Sales Supervisor – Options Module Examination
- Series 10 General Securities Sales Supervisor – General Module Examination
He is a registered broker in 40 states, D.C., and Puerto Rico. He is also a registered investment adviser in Michigan and Texas.
Paul Brent has worked for the following firms:
- Morgan Stanley (CRD #: 149777)
- CitiGroup Global Markets (CRD #: 7059)
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith (CRD #: 7691)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Paul Brent and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.