Michael Coughlin Subject of Half-Million Dollar Dispute
Michael Coughlin (CRD #: 2055946), a broker formerly registered with Morgan Stanley, is involved in a pending dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on November 16, 2022. Read on if you want to know more about Michael Coughlin’s conduct as a broker.
On August 22, 2022, an investor named Michael Coughlin in allegations involving unsuitable investments made between January 2009 and November 2021, as well as other unspecified claims. The client seeks $500,000 in damages in this pending dispute.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to evaluate whether an investment fits their investor’s financial goals. Brokers must examine the investor’s profile, which contains the following investor characteristics:
- Financial goals
- Risk tolerance
- Time horizon (i.e., how long the investment will be held)
- Investing experience
- Tax status
Investors who believe their losses are the result of unsuitable investment recommendations may be able to recover their funds by seeking out FINRA arbitration.
Michael Coughlin has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 3 – National Commodity Futures Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Morgan Stanley (CRD#:149777)
- Citigroup Global Markets (CRD#:7059)
- Lehman Brothers (CRD#:7506)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Michael Coughlin and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.