Investor Alleges Michael Brinton Mismanaged Account
Michael Brinton (CRD #: 1565431), a broker formerly registered with Zermatt Securities, was recently involved in an investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on February 2, 2023. Read on if you want to know more about his alleged conduct as a broker.
On October 7, 2022, an investor alleged that Michael Brinton mismanaged his account. The client sought $700,000 in damages but the firm denied the dispute.
Investors should be aware, however, that firms can deny disputes without allowing an external review. Investors may be able to recover their losses by pursuing FINRA arbitration after a denial.
FINRA Rule 2010
FINRA Rule 2010 holds brokers to high standards of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade.
On December 7, 2015, Michael Brinton was subject of a $21,429 tax lien.
Michael Brinton has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
He previously worked for the following firms:
- Zermatt Securities (CRD#:47502)
- Cary Street Partners (CRD#:128089)
- Stifel, Nicolaus & Company (CRD#:793)
- UBS Financial Services (CRD#:8174)
- Prudential Securities (CRD#:7471)
- J.C. Bradford & Company (CRD#:1287)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Michael Brinton and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.