Investor Alleges Leslie Kern Made Misrepresentations
Les Kern (CRD #: 1140180), a broker registered with D.H. Hill Securities, is involved in a pending dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on April 28, 2023. Investors may have also engaged his services through D.H. Hill Advisors. Read on if you want to know more about his alleged conduct as a broker.
On February 28, 2023, an investor alleged that Les Kern made misrepresentations and unsuitable investment recommendations between September 2018 and May 2022. The client seeks $100,000 in damages in this pending dispute.
FINRA Rule 2020
FINRA Rule 2020 prohibits the use of manipulation, deception, and other fraudulent methods to influence investors’ decisions. Misrepresenting an investment’s requirements, risks, limitations, or other relevant information violates this rule.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 requires brokers to recommend securities that adequately fit an investor’s financial goals. Brokers must take into account the information described in an investor’s profile, such as their tax status, risk tolerance, and other investments.
Investors who rely on their broker for recommendations may be able to recoup their losses by pursuing FINRA arbitration.
Les Kern has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
Les Kern is a registered broker in Florida, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, and South Carolina. He is also a registered investment adviser in Louisiana and Michigan.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Les H. Kern (CRD#:145909)
- Center Street Securities (CRD#:26898)
- Landolt Securities (CRD#:28352)
- Allied Beacon Partners (CRD#:46227)
- Alternative Wealth Strategies (CRD#:130933)
- PlanMember Securities Corporation (CRD#:11869)
- Next Financial Group (CRD#:46214)
- Coordinated Capital Securities (CRD#:14762)
- Sigma Financial Corporation (CRD#:14303)
- SPC (CRD#:110692)
- Lincoln Financial Advisors (CRD#:3978)
- The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company (CRD#:2580)
- Walnut Street Securities (CRD#:15840)
- North American Management (CRD#:624)
- Pruco Securities (CRD#:5685)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Les Kern and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis.This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.