Laura Casey Resigns from Morgan Stanley Following Unauthorized Trading Allegation
Laura Casey (CRD #: 2684465), a broker registered with Capitol Securities Management, resigned from her previous firm, according to her BrokerCheck record, accessed on October 30, 2022. Keep reading if you want to know more about her conduct as a broker.
Resignation from Morgan Stanley
On August 2, 2022, Laura Casey resigned from Morgan Stanley following allegations that she opened brokerage accounts and transferred funds from managed accounts into the brokerage accounts without client authorization. The firm also alleged that Laura Casey engaged in unauthorized trading.
FINRA Rule 3260
Unauthorized trading violates FINRA Rule 3260, which limits brokers to engaging in discretionary trading only in pre-authorized accounts. The client and firm must provide approval for an account before discretionary trading can occur.
Laura Casey has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 86 – Research Analyst Exam – Part I Analysis Module
- Series 87 – Research Analyst Exam – Part II Regulations Module
- Series 3 – National Commodity Futures Examination
Laura Casey is a registered broker in six states and a registered investment adviser in New Jersey.
She has also worked for the following firms:
- Morgan Stanley (CRD#:149777)
- Citigroup Global Markets (CRD#:7059)
- Wedbush Morgan Securities (CRD#:877)
- Bear, Stearns & Company (CRD#:79)
- The Williams Capital Group (CRD#:35149)
- Goldman, Sachs & Company (CRD#:361)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Laura Casey and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.