Khalil Watts Fired Over Outside Business Activity Allegations
Khalil Watts (CRD #: 7214340), a former broker registered with J.P. Morgan Securities, has been terminated by his firm. This is according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on February 9, 2022. You can read the details of his termination below.
On November 30, 2021, J.P. Morgan Securities fired Khalil Watts following an internal review. The firm alleged that he participated in an unapproved outside business activity.
Khalil Watts has one outside business listed on his detailed BrokerCheck record: VV43 Spirits. If Khalil Watts has solicited you for investments in his outside business, contact Kurta Law today for a free case evaluation.
Outside Business Activity
FINRA Rule 3270 prohibits outside business activities of registered brokers unless they have approval from their firm. Firms must approve outside businesses as part of their supervisory responsibilities. For instance, there could be a conflict of interest if a broker recommends shares of a company they own.
Firms must also consider whether the outside activity will:
- Interfere with or compromise the broker’s responsibilities to the brokerage firm.
- Be viewed by customers as part of the brokerage firm’s business. Brokerage firms do not want customers to believe brokers are offering securities they have approved when that may not be the case.
Khalil Watts also has a criminal charge for stalking on his record.
Khalil Watts has passed the following exams:
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Series 6TO Investment Company Products / Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Khalil Watts and have concerns about your investments, don't hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who have lost money following broker fraud or misconduct. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf. Our attorneys will work tirelessly to restore your lost funds and get your financial future back on track.