Kevin DeAngelis Suspended by FINRA for Alleged Impersonation
Kevin DeAngelis (CRD #: 2423942), a broker and Investment advisor registered with Ameriprise Financial Services, was recently suspended for alleged impersonation, according to his BrokerCheck Record accessed on November 24, 2021.
FINRA Letter of Acceptance, Waiver, and Consent Agreement
According to an Acceptance, Waiver, and Consent agreement dated September 7, 2021, without admitting or denying the findings, Kevin DeAngelis consented to the findings that In July and August 2020, he allegedly impersonated two of his firm customers during telephone calls made to an insurance company to obtain information about the customers’ existing variable annuity contracts, in violation of FINRA Rule 2010. Allegedly, neither of the customers authorized Kevin DeAngelis to impersonate them.
Impersonating another individual or customer violates FINRA Rule 2010. FINRA Rule 2010 requires associated persons to observe high standards of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade.
You can read a copy of the AWC here.
As part of the terms of the AWC, Kevin DeAngelis consented to a 15-day suspension and a $5,000 fine.
Employment Termination Details
On September 3, 2020, Kevin DeAngelis was discharged from his position at Commonwealth Financial Network following allegations that he impersonated two clients via telephone calls placed to a third-party product sponsor.
Kevin DeAngelis Background Information
Kevin DeAngelis has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
He is a registered broker in 4 states and is a registered investment adviser in Rhode Island.
Other than Ameriprise Financial Services, Kevin DeAngelis has worked with the following firms:
- Commonwealth Financial Network (CRD#:8032)
- CCO Investment Services (CRD#:39550)
- FIS Securities (CRD#:30533)
- 440 Financial Distributors (CRD#:31334)
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (CRD#:4095)
- MetLife Securities (CRD#:14251)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have been victimized by Kevin DeAngelis as a broker, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.