Investor Alleges Kevin Bourke Misrepresented Funds
Kevin Bourke (CRD #: 5628153), a broker formerly registered with Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, allegedly made misrepresentations, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on October 30, 2022. Read on to learn more about his alleged conduct as a broker.
On September 22, 2022, an investor alleged that Kevin Bourke misrepresented certain funds from August 1, 2018, to September 16, 2022. This dispute is pending.
FINRA Rule 2020
FINRA Rule 2020 bans the use of manipulation, deception, and other fraudulent tactics to influence investors’ decisions. Misrepresenting an investment’s risks, requirements, or other features violates this rule.
FINRA Rules 2010
FINRA Rule 2010 holds brokers to high standards of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade. Violations of FINRA Rule 2020 also violate FINRA Rule 2020.
Kevin Bourke has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 31 – Futures Managed Funds Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith (CRD#:7691)
- Bessemer Investor Services (CRD#:17442)
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney (CRD#:149777)
- Citigroup Global Markets (CRD#:7059)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Kevin Bourke and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.