Kathleen Entwistle Misrepresentations Allegedly Led to $2.4 Million Loss
Kathleen Entwistle (CRD #:2832985), a broker and investment advisor registered with Morgan Stanley, is involved in a $2.4 Million investor dispute, according to her BrokerCheck record, accessed on November 17, 2021.
On August 3, 2021, an investor alleged that while working with Morgan Stanley and UBS Financial Services, Kathleen Entwistle misrepresented investments leading to losses. The damage amount requested is $2,433,075.74; the case is still pending.
What is Misrepresentation?
Misrepresentation is a common problem in the securities industry. It usually occurs when an investment broker makes false or misleading statements about a financial product in an effort to persuade their customer to invest.
Did you know that any of the following can be considered misrepresentation or omission?
- Inadequate due diligence concerning security offerings
- Failure to disclose of all material risks
- Failure to disclose all transaction costs
- Unrealistic presumptions for investment projections
- Inaccurate investment performance calculation
Misrepresentations and omissions concerning material facts in investment recommendations deprive investors of the information they need to assess risks associated with a particular investment. FINRA Rule 2020 prohibits brokerage firms and stockbrokers from making material misrepresentations or inducing people into buying investments with false statements. This unethical conduct also violates FINRA Rule 2010, which states that brokers must uphold high standards of commercial honor.
Losses that can be attributed to a stockbroker’s material misrepresentations of facts may result in a viable securities arbitration claim for damages.
Kathleen Entwistle Background Information
Kathleen Entwistle has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 31 – Futures Managed Funds Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 10 – General Securities Sales Supervisor – General Module Examination
- Series 9 – General Securities Sales Supervisor – Options Module Examination
She is a registered broker in 24 states and is a registered investment advisor in New York, New Jersey, and Texas.
Other than Morgan Stanley, Kathleen Entwistle has worked with the following firms:
- UBS Financial Services (CRD#:8174)
- Morgan Stanley & Co., Incorporated (CRD#:8209)
- Morgan Stanley (CRD#:7556)
- C. J. M. Planning (CRD#: 5698)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have suffered losses after working with Kathleen Entwistle, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf. Reach out today to start the process to recover your investment losses.