Jonathan White Named in Suitability Dispute
Jonathan White (CRD #: 5882055), a broker registered with LPL Financial, was involved in a recent dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on May 28, 2022. Keep reading if you have questions about Jonathan White’s conduct as a broker.
On February 22, 2022, an investor named Jonathan White in unspecified allegations involving unsuitable investments between January 28, 2022, and February 20, 2022. This dispute was denied by the firm.
However, investors should know that firms can deny disputes without any external review. Investors can still recover their lost funds through FINRA arbitration after a denial.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 defines suitable investments as securities that fit an investor’s profile. An investor’s profile includes information about their risk tolerance, financial goals, and age. Investors who rely on their brokers for recommendations may be able to recover their losses through FINRA arbitration.
- Investments can be unsuitable because they are high risk and likely to lose money.
- Securities may also be unsuitable because they are illiquid, meaning that they are intended to be held for an extended time, and investors may have to pay high fees to cash out.
- Securities can be quantitatively unsuitable, which means that brokers executed an excessive number of trades.
- These requirements apply to the overall investment strategy as well as the investments themselves. For instance, an investment strategy might be unsuitable if the securities are over-concentrated in a particular stock or sector.
Jonathan White has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
Jonathan White is a registered broker in six states and a registered investment adviser in Colorado and Texas.
He has also worked for Edward Jones (CRD#:250).
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Jonathan White and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.