Joanne Zhong Embroiled in Seven Million Dollar Dispute
Joanne Zhong (CRD #:5005971), a broker and investment advisor registered with UBS Financial Services, is involved in an unsuitability dispute, according to her BrokerCheck record accessed on March 12, 2022.
On November 15, 2021, Joanne Zhong was involved in an investor dispute alleging unsuitability and misrepresentation with respect to recommendations to invest in and hold an options overlay strategy. The investor is seeking $7,000,000 一the case is still pending.
Brokers who recommend a security or investment are subject to FINRA rules and regulations. These include:
- FINRA Rule 2111 requires registered brokers to have a “reasonable basis” to believe that a transaction or investment strategy suits their client’s needs.
- FINRA Rule 2020 prohibits brokerage firms and stockbrokers from making material misrepresentations or inducing people into buying investments with exaggerated statements about their potential benefits.
- Joanne Zhong’s alleged unethical conduct also violates FINRA Rule 2010, which states that brokers must uphold high standards of commercial honor.
Joanne Zhong has passed the following exams:
- Series 66 – Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Examination
Joanne Zhong is a registered broker in seven states. She is also a registered investment advisor in Texas and California.
Besides UBS Financial Services, Joanne Zhong has also worked with Credit Suisse Securities (USA) (CRD#:816).
Kurta Law Can Help
If you have worked with Joanne Zhong and have concerns about your investments, don’t hesitate to contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For nearly 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated for investors to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf. Please reach out if you have any questions about what steps to take next to recover your investment losses.