Jim Tausz Allegedly Engaged in Common Law Fraud and Negligence
Jim Tausz (CRD #: 442956), a broker registered with United Planners’ Financial Services of America, is involved in a pending dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on February 7, 2023. Investors may have also worked with him through Bradford Financial Center. Read on if you want to know more about his alleged conduct as a broker.
On October 4, 2022, an investor filed a dispute alleging that Jim Tausz engaged in the following forms of misconduct:
- Common law fraud and negligence
- Violations of the Securities Act of 1933
- Violation of FINRA Rules 2111, 2210, 2010, and IM-2310-2
- Misrepresentations and omissions of information
- Breach of contract
This dispute is currently pending.
FINRA Rule 2111
FINRA Rule 2111 defines suitable investments as securities that fit an investor’s profile, which describes investor characteristics including their risk tolerance, tax status, and age. Brokers also have an obligation toward fair dealing towards clients under this rule.
Investors who rely on brokers for recommendations may be able to recover their losses through FINRA arbitration.
FINRA Rule 2210
FINRA Rule 2210 governs communications between firms or brokers and the public. This rule requires all communications with the public to be fair and balanced and free from any false or misleading statements.
FINRA Rule 2010
FINRA Rule 2010 holds brokers to high standards of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade.
FINRA Rule 2020
FINRA Rule 2020 forbids the use of manipulative, deceptive, and otherwise fraudulent means of influencing investors’ decisions. Misrepresenting or omitting information about an investment’s features, limitations, or risks violates this rule.
Jim Tausz has passed the following exams:
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Series 7TO – General Securities Representative Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 1 – Registered Representative Examination
- Series 24 – General Securities Principal Examination
Jim Tausz is a registered broker in 46 states and a registered investment adviser in Iowa.
He has also worked for the following firms:
- Multi-Financial Securities Corporation (CRD#:10299)
- Royal Alliance Associates (CRD#:23131)
- Washington Square Securities (CRD#:2882)
- Integrated Resources Equity Corporation (CRD#:6403)
- IDS Life Insurance Company (CRD#:6321)
- IDS Marketing Corporation (CRD#:6363)
- Investors Diversified Services (CRD#:6320)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Jim Tausz and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.