Jerry Huggett Facing a Variable Annuity Dispute
Jerry Huggett (CRD #: 2250009), a broker registered with Equitable Advisors, is the subject of an investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on October 23, 2023. Investors who have questions about his alleged conduct should keep reading.
On August 230, 2023, an investor alleged that Jerry Huggett misrepresented a variable annuity. The dispute was denied, but investors should know that firms can deny disputes without any external review. Following a denial, investors may still be able to recover their funds via FINRA arbitration.
What is a Variable Annuity?
Variable annuities are complex investments. They are insurance products that come with an investment component. The associated fees, surrender charges, and potential tax liability can negate any supposed benefits they offer. Furthermore, the risk associated with this type of illiquid investment makes it unsuitable for many investors.
FINRA Rule 2020 – Misrepresentation
FINRA Rule 2020 prohibits the misrepresentation of investments or omission of material facts. Material facts include information about an investment’s potential returns, as well as charges, expenses, and fees.
FINRA Rule 2010
FINRA Rule 2010 holds brokers to high standards of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade. Violations of FINRA Rule 2020 also violate this rule.
Jerry Huggett has passed the following exams:
- Series 65 Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 Investment Company Products / Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 53 Municipal Securities Principal Examination
- Series 24 General Securities Principal Examination
- Series 26 Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Principal Examination
He is a registered broker in Arizona, Georgia, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. He is also a registered investment adviser in Wisconsin.
During his 31 years of experience, Jerry Huggett has registered with two firms:
- Equitable Advisors (CRD #: 6627)
- The Equitable Life Assurance Society of the United States (CRD #: 4039)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Jerry Huggett and have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm that exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.