Jamie Grupe Faces Suitability Allegations Regarding FS Energy Fund and REITs
Jamie Grupe (CRD #: 3106745), a broker registered with Ameriprise Financial Services, is involved in an investor dispute, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on July 19, 2021. You can read the details below.
On June 21, 2021, investors alleged that Jamie Grupe recommended unsuitable investments. These unsuitable investments included FS Energy and REITs. In March 2020, FS Energy Fund suspended distributions. According to FINRA, brokers are only allowed to recommend “suitable” investments – i.e., investments that fit the investor’s risk tolerance and financial goals. The investor is seeking $75,000; the dispute is pending.
Jamie Grupe Background Information
Grupe has passed the following exams:
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination
- Series 6 Investment Company Products/ Variable Contracts Representative Examination
- Series 24 General Securities Principal Examination
He is a registered broker in 21 states and a registered investment adviser in Texas and Wisconsin.
Grupe has worked for the following firms
- Ameriprise Financial Services (CRD #: 6363)
- LPL Financial LLC (CRD #: 6413)
- Genworth Financial Advisers Corporation (CRD #: 105644)
- Genworth Financial Securities Corporation (CRD #: 10358)
- D. Vest Investment Services (CRD #: 13686)
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with Jamie Grupe and you have concerns about the suitability of your investments, contact Kurta Law today. Call 212-658-1502 or email email@example.com.