James Wagar Resigns from Thomas Capital Group
James Wagar (CRD #: 2654662), a former broker, was permitted to resign from his previous firm, according to his BrokerCheck record, accessed on June 9, 2022. Read on if you have questions about James Wagar’s conduct as a broker.
Resignation from Thomas Capital Group
On April 29, 2022, James Wagar was permitted to resign from Thomas Capital Group following allegations he engaged in unauthorized outside business activities.
FINRA Rule 3270
FINRA Rule 3270 requires brokers to disclose any compensation they will receive from business activities conducted outside their firm.
Outside Business Activities
James Wagar’s detailed BrokerCheck report lists the following outside business activities:
- Board member and advisor to Doghead Simulations Corporation, a virtual reality software company.
- Board member of Xbot Robotics, Inc., a nonprofit providing opportunities in STEM
- Board Director for Foresee Broadband Foundation, a charitable foundation that sources funding for the construction of fiber-optic networks in underserved areas.
James Wagar has passed the following exams:
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials Examination
- Series 82 – Limited Representative-Private Securities Offerings
- Series 2 – Non-Member General Securities Examination
- Series 6 – Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination
In the past, he has worked for Thomas Capital Group (CRD#:45180) and Fortis Investors (CRD#:421).
Kurta Law Can Help
If you worked with James Wagar and you have concerns about your investments, please contact us today at 877-600-0098 or email@example.com for a free consultation.
For over 20 years, Kurta Law has advocated on behalf of investors who want to recover their investment losses from brokers and brokerage firms. Kurta Law is a nationally recognized law firm and exclusively represents investors against brokers and brokerage firms on a contingency basis. This means that the firm only earns a fee if our securities attorneys recover money on your behalf.